Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Query About SQL 2000 SP3 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, September 26, 2008 2:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 29, 2008 3:53 AM
Hello have a weird problem.

Right i have two domains with no trust relationship. SQL 2000 is installed in one of the domains. SQL authentications is set to SQL Server and Windows authentication. Now I try to connect to the SQL instance from another domain using SA password it fails. When using profiler i noticed that its trying to pass credentials from the domain the sql client is located. So i created a connection to the box using UNC path to the C drive and entered credentials for the domain the SQL Server sits and bingo i am into the server using SA. Can anyone explain this to me ??? Everyone i ask is like you should be able to connect using the SA password without creating that level of authentication. I am not a SQL guru by any stretch of the imagination but the people i have asked that have alot of experience with SQL cannot explain this to me. Ohhhh and sorry about the grammar its 09:57 and i am not awake yet lol

Please help :)

Post #576602
Posted Friday, September 26, 2008 3:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 29, 2008 3:53 AM
Sorry wrong location tried to delete but it will not. Just going to beat my self around the head in the toilet BRB
Post #576608
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse