Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Snapshot Replication - deletion of snapshot folders from OS drives Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:18 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:35 AM
New to replication, can anyone tell me if i can just delete snapshot folders from the OS? or should these be deleted by the agent?

Scheduled Snapshot (sql 2005)- every night
Scheduled push to subscriber (from sql 2005 - to sql 2000) every night following snapshot gen.

The files which are large just keep being created - should i manually delete them?

Oraculum
Post #575058
Posted Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:07 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 27, 2014 6:57 AM
We had a problem with this where the agent wasnt allowed to delete the snapshots on our SAN because of permission issues that we couldnt resolve. So the replication job kept failing. When I went in and manually removed the snapshots (initially just renamed them), the job completed normally. Then later I went in and deleted them.

Of course this was for transactional replication and the initial snapshots created, so ymmv.
Post #575364
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse