Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS Synchronize Remote FTP Directory Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:50 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:14 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSIS Synchronize Remote FTP Directory

Tommy

Post #568190
Posted Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:21 PM
Tommy

Thank you for this example code. It saved my life as I wasted a lot of time trying to use the FTP task which will not accept a password variable as one of its expressions.

I adapted your code so that I could loop through a list of FTP sites (held in a table), connect to them and download any files on them (not a lot to ask you would think). I am getting more disillusioned with SSIS the more I work with it.

If articles like yours weren't published the SSIS community would be stuffed.

Thanks again

Peter Doyle

Post #600788
Posted Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:19 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 7:14 AM
Peter Doyle (11/11/2008)
Tommy

Thank you for this example code. It saved my life as I wasted a lot of time trying to use the FTP task which will not accept a password variable as one of its expressions.

I adapted your code so that I could loop through a list of FTP sites (held in a table), connect to them and download any files on them (not a lot to ask you would think). I am getting more disillusioned with SSIS the more I work with it.

If articles like yours weren't published the SSIS community would be stuffed.

Thanks again

Peter Doyle

Thank you Peter, I'm glad to hear it helped you out :)

Tommy

Post #600936
Posted Tuesday, June 2, 2009 2:52 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, May 3, 2010 4:04 AM
Thanks Tommy..

This helped me alot and simplified my life. It integrated quite well with my existing package and I think this script is a keeper (at least for me)..
Post #727224
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse