Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

BIDS and SSAS - How do you synchonize them? Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 15, 2013 5:23 AM
I have a cube out on the AS that was built and deployed with BIDS. The cube has been changed in AS by adding several partitions in an SSIS job. If I view the cube in BIDS it still only shows the partitions that were initially created when the cube was deployed. How do I get the cube structure in BIDS to match that which is now on the server (35 partitions in SSAS vs. 2 partitions showing in BIDS)?
Post #549286
Posted Friday, August 8, 2008 12:23 PM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:03 AM
the only answer i have come across is to create a new project and use the Import Analysis 9.0 database as the template type or you could open an Analysis Server database but that is working directly on the server.

i have not found a way to update a project after changes have been made on the server. Going through MS forums, the answer was to create a new project via the mentioned step above.
Post #549496
Posted Friday, August 8, 2008 12:50 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, March 15, 2013 5:23 AM
Thanks Chuck,

That seems to be the only option that I was running across as well. I've been trying to get used to the differences between 2000 and 2005 while working on our migration project. I guess that good thing is that all of our 2005 cubes are located on a dev box for now so there are no complaints if they're unavailabe to users :D .
Post #549529
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:17 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:22 AM
Is there any update on this for SQL Server 2008 R2? I have a cube for which the original BIDS project was lost. I how I get it into BIDS?
Post #1583952
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse