Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Resource Governer Expand / Collapse
Author
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Resource Governer
Post #544054
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:05 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, November 4, 2013 8:22 AM
Technically, you still need to issue the ALTER RESOURCE GOVERNER statement in order for the new settings to take effect.
Post #544351
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:42 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:38 AM
Since the ALTER RESOURCE GOVERNOR RECONFIGURE is required, immediate is not the answer plus running tasks complete based on there then assigned pool and are not affected immediately. Best choice would be to restart the instance.
Post #544571
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:50 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:13 PM
The instance does not need to be restarted at all. That's overkill. The next comment issued by the connection will have the limits enforced.

The reconfigure is needed, but you could argue that is part of the changing of the resource allocations.

The host, instance, or database do not need to be changed. Immediately is the best answer.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #544653
Posted Friday, August 1, 2008 4:24 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:36 PM
I guess this one correctly. First I thought I have to start the instance or the database the I answered it from by instinct which was correct.:)

Post #544962
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse