Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Operations Manager and SQL Server Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:26 AM
That looks very neat, but considering the cost of getting into Management Server, I doubt we'll ever see it here.
Post #539560
Posted Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:10 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:03 PM
I was looking for information like this. We have recently implemented SCOM and as a DBA I need to learn part of it. Yesterday I upgraded one of my moitored server to sql 2005 with sp2 and latest hotfix. Today SCOM sents an alert saying this installation does not have sevice pack. We checked to make sure. We have other tools and we found that it was a false alert.
Post #539711
Posted Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:54 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, January 3, 2009 8:35 PM
Thanks for the article.

I used it to create a view into our depot servers :)

We assign roles to all of our servers so I used your method to get the role name out of the registry.

Very nice and well done

Thanks!
Post #540514
Posted Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:14 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:32 AM
OpsManager reminds me a lot of another product, Data Palette (www.stratavia.com). Does anyone have experience using both products? If so, what are the pros and cons of each?
Post #540615
Posted Monday, February 8, 2010 4:01 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:31 PM
Tom, I did finally get this all setup and thanks a ton for this. I am still having some issues on certain instances not showing up. I'll dig more but wonder if you had similar issues.

Certain SQL2005 cluster instances are not showing up. Some are however so that is strange.

Also I have one named instance on SQL2000 that doesn't get caught. I'll start digging into the Registry keys tomorrow to see what's up but if you had run into this you might save me some time.

Thanks,

2/9/2010
Update I have figured out that the Registry key that this article is pointing to is the default instance key for SQL Server. So on servers without a default instance (We have a few) this will not work. Still looking for other options and will post back when I find one.
Post #862112
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse