Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

insert multiple rows into variable Expand / Collapse
Author

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 20, 2014 8:16 PM
I took one look at this article and thought "What's so special about this?" It's hardly revolutionary!

I used to call my self The Master on forums, then I entered the IT industry and realised how much I still have to learn.
Post #1302222
Posted Friday, May 18, 2012 2:23 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, June 23, 2014 2:21 AM
Boltz42 (5/17/2012)
I took one look at this article and thought "What's so special about this?" It's hardly revolutionary!

I agree. I do not see the purpose for this. You would anyway need a loop to get the values again.

Manie Verster
Developer
Johannesburg
South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)
Post #1302329
Posted Friday, May 18, 2012 7:19 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, October 25, 2013 7:05 AM
The reason the script is not revolutionary is because other like Erland Sommarskog performed a lot of testing to figure out the best way to do it (http://www.sommarskog.se/arrays-in-sql-2005.html). In SQL Server 2005, a comma-delimited list is a great way to pass primary and foreign key values between stored procedures and between applications and the database.
Post #1302506
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse