Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Generate Create All Secondary Indexes For Entire Database Expand / Collapse
Author

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:09 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Generate Create All Secondary Indexes For Entire Database

Gary L. Fry
Senior Database Administrator III
MCTS, MCITP SQL Server 2008 Database Administration
Colonial Life/UNUM
Post #529663
Posted Monday, August 25, 2008 5:00 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 6:38 AM
Why would you even think up the need for a script like this? Would you really blindly add indexes to every column on every table?

Post #558052
Posted Monday, August 25, 2008 5:41 AM

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:52 AM
I think this is some nice code. However, my cut/paste experience lead to many format problems. I had a bunch of ? marks after pasting this code into text pad. I think the formatting caused some of these problems. I was able to fix this by doing a find and replace operation.

Thanks Again. Good ideas.

Cheers,

Sean
Post #558067
Posted Friday, April 10, 2009 4:37 PM

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:09 PM
Andrew-

This does not add indexes to all columns. Where did you get that idea?? What were you reading? There is no blindly adding here!!!!

Gary L. Fry
Senior Database Administrator III
MCTS, MCITP SQL Server 2008 Database Administration
Colonial Life/UNUM
Post #695100
Posted Friday, September 23, 2011 6:34 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:01 PM
Sean, the ?'s appear during copy/paste operations for some code. The easiest solution is the perform a Find/Replace on the ?'s and replace them with spaces. If you editor supports it, you can take 4 ?'s and replace them with a tab.

Post #1180014
Posted Friday, September 23, 2011 12:59 PM

Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:19 AM
I really like it. With a little tweaking, I'm sure it could be coded to detect an existing filegroup on any of the indexes and insert them automatically in the output code. I work with several databases that have only some indexes in a file group, and others not.

Thanks for sharing,

--Richard

-- RTW
Be curious!
Post #1180387
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse