Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How to import SQL SERVER 2000 Database into CSV format Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 9, 2009 6:37 PM
Hi All,

Please help me.

I am havin a database in sql server 2000 and we have completed the project but the client is not having sql server, he is havin virtual server and now he wants the whole database in CSV format. I dont have knowledge to import the database in CSV format, Please help me if we can do it.

Thanks,

Syed Sanaullah Khadri
(DBA)
Post #525748
Posted Monday, June 30, 2008 4:24 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 1:36 AM
You'll have to export each table individually to a csv file. You can use bcp, you can write a DTS package or you can use the inport/export wizard.

What does the client intend to do with the csv? Virtual server is not a database product.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #525790
Posted Monday, June 30, 2008 5:16 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, March 9, 2009 6:37 PM
Hi,

I dont know what client will do but he said to give csv format. Thanks for the support. It will help me to learn new concept.
Post #525805
Posted Tuesday, July 1, 2008 1:51 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:29 PM
Hi,

You can't export the entire database in csv format. You can only export table details in CSV format. To import csv format I hope can use import \ export wizard available in SQL 2000.

Regards..Vidhya Sagar
SQL-Articles
Post #526369
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse