Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

VSS For Stored Procedures Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:54 AM
Sherjon (6/19/2008)
Hey Grasshopper,

We installed the x86 version of SP2 because we have 32 bit machines. We have the 'script' entry for Tools which is nice because we can output the 'IF exists..' line in the CREATE script.

The only output Save options we have are 'SQL Server Files .SQL' and All Files(*.*).

I will re-install SP2(Maybe there is a later version) to see if the Save As option displays. If this works, I'll buy any book that you have published at retail price.

Much Appreciated !:D

The Save options are NOT on the File Type drop down! They are on the SAVE button itself!

Look at the SAVE button on the Save dialog: The should be a tiny down-arrow on the right-hand side. Click that arrow. Then select "Save with encoding.." Bingo!

-- RBarryYoung, (302)375-0451 blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung
Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
"Performance is our middle name."
Post #520273
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:47 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:26 AM
To all those who responded,

Thank you very much. The winner is grasshopper, because, although it is a little cumbersome, the Script Wizard does indeed produce ANSI text output.

The SQL Server 2000 script would generate an 'IF exists' clause that would DROP the SPROC and then CREATE a new one. IF we discover a way to append a drop Script and a Create script, we will have it made.

Thanks again to all who responded
Post #520283
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:19 PM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Did you try what I suggested?

Post #520287
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:21 PM

SSCrazy Eights

By the way, his name isn't Grasshopper, that's his posting rank. His name is asdfgh.

Post #520288
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:24 PM

SSCrazy Eights

Sherjon (6/19/2008)
The winner is grasshopper, because, although it is a little cumbersome, the Script Wizard does indeed produce ANSI text output.

The SQL Server 2000 script would generate an 'IF exists' clause that would DROP the SPROC and then CREATE a new one. IF we discover a way to append a drop Script and a Create script, we will have it made.

I can show you how to do that, but you'll have to get your save button to work because it won't work with the Wizard.

Post #520290
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:03 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:26 AM
Hi RBarryYoung,

Please do. That Save button would be awesome.

BTW, I did not mean to offend you in any way with the 'winner' comment. It just happened to be the one that worked for us. If you could tell u how to get the Save button with the arrows, that would be wonderful. We would greatly appreciate it.
Post #520335
Posted Friday, June 20, 2008 6:18 AM

SSCrazy Eights

Sherjon (6/19/2008)
Hi RBarryYoung,

Please do. That Save button would be awesome.

BTW, I did not mean to offend you in any way with the 'winner' comment. It just happened to be the one that worked for us. If you could tell u how to get the Save button with the arrows, that would be wonderful. We would greatly appreciate it.

*sigh* Please talk straight. Did you try what I suggested? Are you saying that you do NOT have the arrow on your save button. If so, then please provide your server AND client info: SSMS version and OS version & SP's.

Post #520596
Posted Friday, June 20, 2008 7:36 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:36 AM
A screenshot or two could be helpful here too. A picture is worth ...

Best,

Kevin G. Boles
SQL Server Consultant
SQL MVP 2007-2012
TheSQLGuru at GMail
Post #520673
Posted Friday, June 20, 2008 7:56 AM

SSCrazy Eights

OK, I think that I know what the problem is here: When you script the procedure, do NOT script it directly to a file. That option does not have the Save Option.

Instead, script it to a "New Query window..." and then save it from there. That Save dialog does have the Save Options on the Save button.

Post #520692
Posted Friday, June 20, 2008 8:03 AM

SSCrazy Eights

Good point Kevin.

I have attached two screen shots that show how to get the Save Options that the OP had in SQL2000.

This is how you select the Script to New Query Windo for the procedure:

And this is the Save Dialog that you should see, with the Save Options:

Post Attachments 
ScreenShot006.jpg (80 views, 166.58 KB)
ScreenShot007.jpg (79 views, 162.83 KB)
Post #520703
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse