Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

"Could not bulk load because SSIS file mapping object 'Global\DTSQLIMPORT' could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.). Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:33 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:52 PM
tgarber (9/16/2010)
Has anyone resolved this problem OTHER than switching away from the SQL Server Destination? I've seen lots of posts about this and the "solution" seems to be to use OLE DB Destination which I understand is slower.

The OLE DB Destination isn't that slow if you use the fast load option. Performance wise, it comes close to the SQL Server Destination.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #987638
Posted Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:20 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, March 5, 2012 9:27 PM
Yes. It worked for me as well. Now i understand why SQL Server Destination won't work from remote machine... read this article if you wanna know http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamiethomson/archive/2006/08/14/4344.aspx
Post #1018330
Posted Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:20 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, March 5, 2012 9:27 PM
Yes. It worked for me as well. Now i understand why SQL Server Destination won't work from remote machine... read this article if you wanna know http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamiethomson/archive/2006/08/14/4344.aspx
Post #1018331
Posted Friday, August 17, 2012 9:57 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:57 AM
Can you confirm if the SQL server authentication login you are using belongs to the Admin group or has admin rights, if not try with admin rights and it should work.

I too had the same issue and i did not change to OLEDB rather executed the package with admin account

Thanks.
Post #1346636
Posted Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:55 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:52 PM
rasika.segan (8/17/2012)
Can you confirm if the SQL server authentication login you are using belongs to the Admin group or has admin rights, if not try with admin rights and it should work.

I too had the same issue and i did not change to OLEDB rather executed the package with admin account

Thanks.

I sure hope the original poster solved his issue 4 years ago

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1347001
Posted Friday, January 18, 2013 2:21 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:56 AM
Actually, I've never had to change from SQL Server Connection to OLE DB. I've seen this issue when I've moved SSIS packages from one server to another and forgot to change the individual connections within the package to point to the new server. I modified the connections and presto! Problem solved.
Post #1409106
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:17 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, October 20, 2014 8:51 AM
sconte 67456 (1/18/2013)
Actually, I've never had to change from SQL Server Connection to OLE DB. I've seen this issue when I've moved SSIS packages from one server to another and forgot to change the individual connections within the package to point to the new server. I modified the connections and presto! Problem solved.

Can confirm this is the case when moving packages from one server to another.
Post #1436429
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse