Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Cannot login to SQL Server with the SQL authentication Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 6, 2013 10:47 AM
I've been setting users for SQL servers for a year and this is the first time happened to me.

I am trying to set a new login/password/user with SQL server authentication on a new server.

I set up a fresh test database, new login and user for that database. I don't get any error, just confirmation that user was created OK.

After I disconnect and try to connect again to the SQL Server with the SQL server authentication using this user/password, I get an error that user is not associated with the trusted SQL server connection. User name and password are correct.

I do the same thing on an old server and everything works fine.

I checked Surface Area configuration, remote connections are set to allow local and remote connections.

What can be the reason that SQL server users do not work?
Post #499827
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:08 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Today @ 6:47 AM
are you using local accounts or ad logins?
Post #499841
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:48 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, December 6, 2013 10:47 AM
I am SMART!

I found that SQL server should be set to the mixed authentication mode.
Right click on server name, properties, security, set to mixed authentication mode, no only windows.
Post #499872
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:40 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Today @ 6:47 AM
not talking about that i was wondering if your windows authentication is just local to some user accounts on your database machine or remote to some ad controller
Post #499941
Posted Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:26 PM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:45 AM
can u connect to the server using any other windows login,
means u r having this problem with any windows login or just this specifice one.

..>>..

MobashA
Post #501625
Posted Saturday, December 17, 2011 1:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, March 9, 2012 6:20 AM
I have got the same problem as well

When I connect using the username/password in SQLServer Management Studio it works fine

When I use the same username/password in an app to connect to the server I get the error message

SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection ("server=localhost; uid=test; pwd=test; database=test");
connection.Open();

I have the server configured for mixed mode authentication

Any help would be appreciated.
Post #1223434
Posted Saturday, December 17, 2011 1:46 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:53 PM
Please don’t hijack the thread. Start a new thread for your problem. We will try to provide a solution.

Dev

Devendra Shirbad | BIG Data Architect / DBA | Ex-Microsoft CSS (SQL 3T)
*** Open Network for Database Professionals ***

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/devendrashirbad
Post #1223436
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse