Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

I need to reinstall the Sql Server 2005 Agent Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:14 AM
when i run this command it gives the result 'Running'
but the agent is not still visible... for ur convineous , i send u image of the screen as bellow..
so please help me out it will clear to u that what probelm aactual is...
thanks in advance...
Post #487743
Posted Monday, April 21, 2008 1:58 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 3:52 AM
I can't see your hard drive. Image url - file:///h:/sql.bmp
Attach a jpg to your post.

SQL agent is installed and is running. Are you sysadmin on that server?

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #487746
Posted Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:33 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:14 AM
i m a system administrator. the print screen image is attached with it.
thanks in advance

Post Attachments 
sql.JPG (41 views, 92.50 KB)
Post #488473
Posted Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:52 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 3:52 AM
Try connecting from full management studio, rather than management studio express.

You can install the workstation componenents alone on your client PC from the same DVD that you installed the server.

btw, you may want to patch those servers. SQL 2000 unpatched (testsys 8.0.194) is a massive security risk. SQL 2005 unpatched is a lot better, but there were bugs in the RTM version. Current patch level is SP2.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #488569
Posted Monday, October 12, 2009 12:17 PM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:24 PM
im going to post this because google brought me here and there was no answer. Now, i have an answer so i will share....

my agent also disappeared from an install of SQL 2005. The reason is not known for 100% sure, but i believe it was from a SQL 2008 upgrade that was rolled back to SQL 2005. I could be wrong, but I did in fact end up with a perfect SQL engine and no agent. The solution was to recreate the service like this;

C:\>sc create SQLAgent binPath= "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\SQLAGENT90.EXE" type= own start= auto depend= netbios

after i started the newly created service, my SQL jobs started working again without issue. (i also changed the account that runs the service from "local account" to a domain admin account)
Post #801766
Posted Monday, April 19, 2010 9:27 AM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Today @ 7:30 AM
I came to this post for similar issue: SQL Server Agent not running on Enterprise edition.
Above recommendation helped. I found service was not started and wouldn't start until I added 'Administrator' into 'Log On' dialogue window. First R-click on the service and then go to Log On tab...
Now SQL Server Agent is running for me. thanks.
Helen

it helps to talk it out
Post #906084
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse