Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SQL Sleep Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 12:08 PM
Or better yet, Camtasia your screen when you're analyzing something, record the actions, and then play them back in a loop :)

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #477720
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:00 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:43 AM
The another joke, yes the one about the Database Wars coming for the XBOX 360, I saw it as far as 10 miles it was a joke... but this one about SQL Sleep, you made it !!!, April Fools !!!, hahahaha I only realized it was a joke when a read the "note note" (well the sunglasses comment made it suspicious)

Sorry for my bad english.
Post #477734
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:42 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 11:28 AM
Preet (4/1/2008)
Really!
Do you think we got nothing better to do than read pointless articles?

Heh... well at least we know of one person who was going to buy it right up to the last line of the article. :P

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #478074
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:50 PM

SSC-Dedicated

gr8scott_o (4/1/2008)
Seriously, I would pay $40 for this... problem is my snoring would probably give me away.

But wait! Don't order yet! If you're one of the next 100 callers, we throw in a free set of nasal passage widener strips to keep you from snoring and a special turtleneck sweater that will actually keep your head in postion while you sleep. AND, if you call in the next 10 minutes, well upgrade you to the DELUXE package that includes a special USB compatible motion detector so that if anyone approaches you, the software will say in your own voice... "Not now, I have a production issue!" And, just for being so prompt, we'll also include special eyelid decals that make it look like your eyes are actually open! Be sure to tell the operator what your eye color is!

--Jeff Moden

Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
Post #478079
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:57 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, February 28, 2014 11:57 AM
Jeff Moden (4/1/2008)

But wait! Don't order yet! If you're one of the next 100 callers, we throw in a free set of nasal passage widener strips to keep you from snoring and a special turtleneck sweater that will actually keep your head in postion while you sleep. AND, if you call in the next 10 minutes, well upgrade you to the DELUXE package that includes a special USB compatible motion detector so that if anyone approaches you, the software will say in your own voice... "Not now, I have a production issue!" And, just for being so prompt, we'll also include special eyelid decals that make it look like your eyes are actually open! Be sure to tell the operator what your eye color is!

SOLD! ha ha used to work for a company that had a very similar sounding sales pitch...
Post #478086
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 4:29 PM

SSC-Dedicated

Heh... you can tell I've watched way too many info-mercials! :P

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:
Post #478147
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse