Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

How do I stop restore which I am doing using SQL Litespeed, Urgent please!! Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 18, 2011 12:42 PM
If you forget to include stats in the restore stored procedure, you can use the LiteSpeed stored procedure xp_slsreadprogress 'database ' to retreive the percentage complete. This stored procedure will not work for native restores. Just like using stats in the restore, it doesn't seem to be completely accurate.
Post #696049
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:10 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 16, 2013 12:24 PM
Mh (3/25/2008)
I am using SQL Litespeed tool for the restore of a database backup, can someone let me know how I can stop the restore as it looks like the restore is hung, Thanks!!

Find the processes id and files it is using through handle.exe and then kill the handle that process id is making use of restoring backup file.

To get handle information, please execute handle.exe -p LiteSpeed32.exe

once you get the information, pick the handle information which is in hexadecimal format and this is followed immediately with a colon.

once you get the information, you can execute handle.exe -c hexadecimal value -P process name or id.

This will teriminate the restore processes rather than killing all the processes that are used by litespeed i.e backups etc if you kill the litespeed through task manager.

Post #697085
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse