Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

can't connect to Integration Services from my computer Expand / Collapse
Author
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 1:08 PM
hi guys i am trying to connect to ssis through my local computer, i already connected to the database engine of the server and i have access to all the DBs, etc, i have sysadmin rights to the server. But when i try to connec to ssis i get an " access is denied error" i have found an article that describes this exact error and how to fix it http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337083.aspx
and i have followed every step exactly (add my username in the launch, activation and access permissions) and restarted the ssis service but i still get this error.

I fixed the problem temporarily by adding myself as administrator under computer management, but is there another way to fix this?

Post #470861
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:52 AM
UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Friday, April 5, 2013 4:43 PM
I experienced the same problem. When I tried to connect to SSIS from the client tools, my only choice is the Windows Authentication. However, my loginID is my local account on the client side. I cannot change it. It seems that I cannot connect to SSIS on my target server unless I login the target server and start from there.

I doubt that SSIS can be used to connect SSIS only on local machine. I will be pretty much interested in any approach to connect to SSIS from the client tools.
Post #470958
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:44 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

I am trying to connect to my server's SSIS through my local machine. I am not sure i understand your solution.
Post #471060
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:31 PM
UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Friday, April 5, 2013 4:43 PM
I have no solution. I mean you may have to login the server to connect the SSIS.
Here is a link. May it help. But I still wish someone had a solution.
http://msdb2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337083.aspx
Post #471153
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:41 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 3:50 PM
I would try and help, but not having an issue connecting to SSIS, so I'm not sure what help I can provide. Maybe a little more detail as to what you are trying to do and with which tool(s) would help.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #471159
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:43 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

hi thanks, my issue is I attempt to connect to an instance of Integration Services on a remote server, and the server responds with an "Access is denied" error message. I followed the instructions in my first link i provided ( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337083.aspx which it explains the error i am having, it says to ensure the user has the required DCOM permissions. I did but i keep having the "access is denied error" . But when i added myself in the computer's admistrator's group then the problem went away. But i don't want to be an admistrator. Do you know what else i can try to solve this error?

Post #471200
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:29 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 3:50 PM
Well, I think that partially explains why I don't have the issue. I am an administrator on our servers. I can't think of anything other than what Microsoft has suggested, and not being there to see what you have done, I'm stuck. No ideas at all.

Sorry.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #471235
Posted Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:46 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, July 11, 2014 5:56 AM
Hi,

I got around this issue using SQL Server 2008 by Right Clicking SSMS or BIDS and selecting Run As administrator.

Kope this helps.

Kev
Post #1136726
Posted Monday, June 17, 2013 4:09 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Today @ 3:00 PM
Ahhh... great solution! Worked for me. I just right-clicked on Management Studio and chose "Run as administrator" and my problem was resolved. Doesn't really make sense since I am the administrator, but nevertheless I'm moving on.

Thanks a bunch!!
Post #1464419
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse