Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Best backup compression tools Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:31 AM
It all depends on what you need to do. Here is a link to side-by-side comparisons of the paid version and freeware (paid is relatively inexpensive!). You can't do encryption, compression is for speed only, not size, no wizards, no table level restores, no support...I guess it depends on what your needs truly are. For normal backups and restores with compression, it should be fine.

http://www.idera.com/Products/SQLsafefree/

-- You can't be late until you show up.
Post #505134
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010 4:03 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:01 AM
I am Innocent in the LightSpeed Tool, becasue in my environment I am not using that, but now i am looking to change. So interviewr asking these types of third party tools please help me in details fashion. What probs u r facing when using this tool. what is the benifits of it.
How to work LightSpeed ? and how to intigrate with sql server ? how to work with LightSpeed, Please give the details information about LightSpeed.

I need the information [ LightSpeed ] from scratch.

Subbu.

Post #864527
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010 12:21 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:49 PM
You can start from here:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Product+Reviews/litespeedforsqlserver/1862/

Post #864853
Posted Friday, February 8, 2013 9:37 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, February 8, 2013 9:34 AM
I highly recommend Red Gate SQLBackup. Last I checked, pricing was much more reasonable and performs just as well if not better. It also supports object level recovery.

Post #1417792
Posted Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:31 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:58 AM
I am using IDERA SQLSafe and have found it to be a great tool to use for compressed backups. It runs rather quickly. I have not been using the free version. I have used Lightspeed and have found it to be good as well. I am using the IDERA version because I also use IDERA's virtual database software which is awesome. It restores their backup very very fast. I tested Redgate and found it to take at least twice as long as IDERA. The only issue I have with IDERA is their tech support leaves a lot to be desired, but I've seen worse.
Post #1435695
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse