Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Server 2005 Training Classes Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:52 AM
Our company is looking at finally making 'the move' to 2005 upgrading from 2000. We are looking at taking a training class to familiarize ourselves with the new look and features in 2005. I'm interesting in hearing from the community as to which classes they may have taken that they felt were beneficial to them.

thanks in advance...
Post #451166
Posted Monday, February 4, 2008 8:36 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
I think it depends on what you are trying to learn. Ss2K5 is so wide, so many parts, that I don't think you can cover the entire product in a class. It would be multiple ones. SSIS needs a week or two on it's own.

I'm part owner of End to End Training in Florida (www.endtoendtraining.com) and we've had great feedback on our classes. We don't have one specifcially on this, but we have an admin class and we've experimented with a one on one mentoring class that might suit you. Contact my partners from the site if you're interested.

Solid Quality Mentors and SQLSkills would be other companies I'd recommend.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #451180
Posted Monday, February 4, 2008 8:55 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Well right now we do pretty much everything except for the administration of the server. We are responsible for creating the databases, DTS packages, cubes and reports. I guess that we're looking for something that touches on each of these aspects to familiarize ourselves with the product before we go live with it.

Would you say that the biggest change from 2000 to 2005 would be SSIS?
Post #451190
Posted Monday, February 4, 2008 9:02 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:53 AM
I found Itzik Ben Gan's course on advanced TSQL very helpful. He covered all the new TSQL functionality in great depth. He's from Solid Quality Mentors.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #451197
Posted Monday, February 4, 2008 9:07 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, October 20, 2014 6:48 PM
Prep for the 70-431 certification exam with a good book and build a test environment. The cert requirements touch on a bit of everything and is a good overview. I'm on 2000 and have been following this procedure for about a month now. I feel comfortable with 2005 and wouldn't have a problem migrating any of my db's from 2000. Unfortunately I have to wait on my 3rd party app's guys to make the commitment.

Post #451201
Posted Monday, February 4, 2008 9:27 AM
SSC Rookie

Yeah, One of the classes that we were looking at from a local training company was Course 2780 - Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database. Anyone have experience with training companies in the PA/MD area?
Post #451212
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse