Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Gantt charting for the holidays Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, December 21, 2007 12:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 6, 2009 7:23 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item

Link for the RDL Example can be found at http://jetlounge.net/blogs/teched/archive/2007/12/21/gantt-charting-with-reporting-services.aspx

My blog: jetlounge.net
Post #435491
Posted Friday, December 21, 2007 12:00 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, April 25, 2008 7:52 AM
I liked the article, this would have come in handy in the past.
Post #435814
Posted Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:44 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:48 PM
Great article. I'm planning on using this method to create a gantt chart for all of our sql server agent jobs based on the MSDB metadata. I wish the RDL was supplied on the webpage. Did I miss the link somewhere? When I finish the report I'll try to send it on to you guys.
Post #436356
Posted Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:47 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, March 6, 2009 7:23 AM
^^

I don't know if they posted the RDL with this article yet. If you want to download the example you can get it from my blog at :

http://jetlounge.net/blogs/teched/archive/2007/12/21/gantt-charting-with-reporting-services.aspx

My blog: jetlounge.net
Post #436357
Posted Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:57 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:58 PM
This is a great little article which I've used as the basis for a report linking information from a Project Management database (Planned Start Date, End Date, Estimated Effort) with a Time Sheet database (Actual Start Date, Actual Effort). Fundamentally the report is the same as the example except I've coded so the gantt bars are coloured depending on a couple of (self explanatory) factors:

On the Data tab for the Completed value:
=IIf(Fields!ActualEffort.Value > Fields!EstimatedEffort.Value, "Red", "YellowGreen")

On the Data tab for the Remaining value:
=IIf(Fields!EndDate.Value < Parameters!CurrentDate.Value, "Tomato","Gainsboro")

I've also added an action to all of the Data values to link to the project management application. The key value passed (Fields!ProjectKey.Value) is from the same dataset supporting the chart:
="javascrpt:void(window.open(" & Chr(34) & "http://www.abc.com/project/ProjectManagerUpdate.asp?key=" & Fields!ProjectKey.Value & Chr(34) & "))"

The brownie points are already accumulating - so thanks very much!

Inflatable sailors never die, they gently deflate over time.

Post #440491
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 2:36 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:39 PM
Fantastic! I just got this working and your right the first thing I wanted to do was turn on the vertical grid lines. It would seem to me this would work if the SSRS chart objects would let you use "Transparent" as a color option on the appearance tab. What is further frustrating is "Transparent" is a working option for things like Chart Area Style hatch color fill, very inconsistent.

Thanks Again!
Post #442019
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:51 AM
Hi,

This article is interesting for me because I want to create a Gantt chart of SQL Server's Job Activity.

Just noticed this very little error :

[...]INSERT INTOProjectStatus[...]
should be

[...]INSERT INTO ProjectStatus[...]
for the first INSERT to work.

a+, =)
-=Clement=-

Configuration :
SQL Server 2005
Post #617242
Posted Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:32 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:18 AM
Great article - thanks! ;)
Post #649360
Posted Friday, May 29, 2009 12:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:08 PM
Hey guys, how do you do this?

So, create your label buffer parameter called LabelBuffer, set it to Integer and Hidden with a default value of =10.

Post #725619
Posted Friday, May 29, 2009 10:26 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:18 AM
Well, the technicalities depend on what version of SSRS you're using but if you know your way around ...

Just go into your report parameters.
Create a parameter named LabelBuffer
Set the type to Int
Set the default value to 10

:) It kind of confused me at first too, I think I read it wrong. But it works.
Post #725934
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse