Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

XML Import into SQL 2000 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:37 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 11, 2013 8:39 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out, i'm trying to import an XML file into SQL Server 2000, i'm relatively new to XML but i've manage to get it importing an elements data from a file, no problems so far, however the XML document is made up of multiple elements (Asset, Debits and Amounts) - See attachments.

I have no trouble importing the actual data from the asset element by creating a mapping xml file (see attachment).

My problem arises, becuase I need to import the data from the debits element, it seems that I can either do the asset or debits element but not both. Oh i'm using the SQLXMLBulkLoad functionality through an activeX control in DTS. Sorry for posting this in the wrong location as well.

Any idea's?

Post Attachments 
xml sample.txt (70 views, 336 bytes)
xml mapping.txt (60 views, 1.00 KB)
Post #432754
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010 11:13 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, March 6, 2010 3:39 AM
you need to use open XML commands in sql server 2000, it's simple as sql server doesn't support direct import of XML
Post #865051
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse