Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

SQL Server 2005 Cluster - [sqsrvres] CheckQueryProcessorAlive: sqlexecdirect failed Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, February 21, 2014 8:23 AM
yes, the service account that sql server services run on does have lock memory pages rights...
Post #496752
Posted Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:04 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:34 PM
This is a tough problem I remember one of this should fix it. Change the network card speed from Auto to the speed of switch specifically and also make sure network card driver is updated one.
Post #508004
Posted Friday, June 20, 2008 2:26 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 19, 2009 11:26 PM
We too have the following error on our win 2k3 X64 cluster system using SQL2005 . Here is the cluster log leading to cluster failure as pointed out by earlier posters on this thread .

000008d0.00000610::2008/06/19-08:56:49.653 ERR SQL Server : [sqsrvres] CheckQueryProcessorAlive: sqlexecdirect failed

We plan to change following para in registry and eliminate the write cache on storage .

HKLM-->System-->CurrentControlSet-->Services--TCPIP-->Parameters
Change the following entries to 0 and reboot

EnableTCPChimney
EnableTCPA
EnableRSS

Will this solve the problem.

We have also increased the isalive and lookslive values from 5000 and 60000 to 6500 and 80000.

Does this looks ok .

We use VNC , at time RDP and performance logs monitoring . Further SQL memory is et to utilize max physical memory (physical memory - 8GB) .
Post #520440
Posted Saturday, October 18, 2008 12:43 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 16, 2009 8:24 PM
We have resolved this issue on a couple of Clusters by setting the following in Registry on the nodes(After having updated service packs, driver, firmware and disabling TCP/IP offload)

1. Set TcpMaxDataRetransmissions to 30 (decimal);
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/7dac9001-3e55-4e9c-b0fa-52841ece2fdd1033.mspx

2. Set KeepAliveInterval to 25000 (decimal).
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/734570a2-06d6-450e-b765-ccfa7530af491033.mspx

It worked for us you mileage may.
Post #588151
Posted Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:30 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 10:52 AM
Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for that. I'll certainly give it a try.

Cheers,

Dave.

Post #589040
Posted Monday, October 27, 2008 7:42 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:54 AM
Thomas --

We have had the same problem in our cluster environment for awhile now... and I tried these two additional reg-pokes you suggested.

We had been thinking it was disk issues up till point... we are going to get EMC involved sometime today.

Anyhow, I tried the pokes and they look to have worked... I have a process that would cause the error most every time... once I put these in, it wouldn't fail. I took them back out, and things started failing again. So... I'm proceeding with cautious optimism that this works for us...

BUT... not being very strong from a network perspective... how did you come across these reg-pokes and what exactly do they do and why would I need to be concerned about them on the cluster but not on our other non-clustered SQL servers? Just curious if you have answer..

Thanks!
Mike Metcalf
Post #592106
Posted Monday, October 27, 2008 8:41 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 16, 2009 8:24 PM
In my Organization we had this issue with a number of SQL2005 64 Clusters.

I went through every posting on the net.

We updated NIC drivers, disabled TCP/IP offload. We checked Storage adapters and SAN provider bugs. It was getting to the point where we were considering some rather drastic measures regards RAID layout when on the 5th or 6th call to Microsoft PSS a tech mentioned these settings as a possible resolve.

As we were getting to the point where we might have to ask the client to blow away their LUNS to test a theory, we thought we would give the registry edits a try. They worked and continue to work. I got to thinking about all the hours of trolling through online postings I did and decided to post the info so someone else’s life could be more fulfilling.

Hope it works out for you. On the upside I now know more about SQL architecture than I ever really wanted to know (I am an OS guy primarily)

BTW what process would you use to generate the error?
Post #592160
Posted Monday, October 27, 2008 9:03 AM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:54 AM
Funny thing is that in crept into our main cluster about a few months ago... but at that time, it wasn't impacting anyone... but It's gotten progressively worse... We have gone through the same exact motions you did... except considering rebuilding the LUNS.

We have sent off this info to Microsoft (we have an ongoing open case about this) to get some more clarification as to why this would work... and we're still going to work with our SAN vendor 'just to be sure'... but my team and I were talking, and to us it is PLAUSIBLE that maybe it really is a network/disconnect thing... and the reason for the spike in disk activity is secondary... i.e. a disconnect forces SQL Server to commit or rollback... potentially momentarily causing a disk spike.. (a thought anyway).

How we replicated the error... hmmm.. well.. we are getting a new/upgraded system in here, and last week, they went through a mock conversion. One part of the process runs a stored procedure that creates/runs dynamic SQL against the server.... so, it was running against a node in the cluster... and get kept failling for most of the day... until it finally ran clean -- it took about 2 hours. I took the database to another newly-made node, re-did my test, and it failed every time. I applied the poke, and it ran cleanly off the bat. I removed the poke, and the proc failed... then SQL profiler started getting disconnects, and even another query window I was using to query the status of the running proc. Put the poke back in, and the node was happy. I'm not sure if I could tell you how to make a generalized script/test out of it... if you're interested I'll see what I can do.

-- Mike
Post #592174
Posted Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:28 AM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 10:52 AM
Hi Mike,

....'We have sent off this info to Microsoft (we have an ongoing open case about this)....'

Could I ask that you post whatever MS comes back with? I'd be very interested to know what they say. :)

Many thanks,

Dave.

Post #592937
Posted Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:47 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 19, 2009 11:26 PM
Thomas / Mike ,

Thanks for ur all valuable contributions . Here are my 2 cents to the discussions . We too had similar problems . What I noticed our SQL server instance was configured to use maximum memory virtually unlimited . I set the same to little lesser than OS memory (7 GB for 8 GB ), And now it works fine without any errors.

I'll also try the reg setting suggested herein .
Post #594775
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse