Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

handling row length in SSIS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 1, 2007 6:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:50 AM
I have created a SSIS package in BIDS for loading data from text file. I have bad rows where the last column is absent, and I need to reject those. The rows supposedly should have fixed length, and the way to solve this, as I see it, is to redirect rows to good/bad  destinations based on row length.<script></script>
I see nothing in BIDS data flow components expressions or system variables handling row lenth. So come a Script task. I saw the Row object in samples of VB.Net scipts, and it has size property, which may be a solution.
Can you help with a sample of routine doing that? Also, is there any web site with a good reference to all VB.Net classes, their methods and properties?

Thanks in advnce
Vladimir Kievsky
Post #341606
Posted Friday, February 2, 2007 7:35 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:47 PM

One way to do this is a script task. In the script, you'll have something like this:

Public Overrides Sub ProcessInputRow(ByVal Row as rowInBuffer)

In that function, you can use this to get or test row length:

Row.FullRow.Length

Hope this helps.

Bill

Post #342029
Posted Saturday, February 3, 2007 10:52 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:50 AM

Thanks. I was able to go by using RaggedRight. Still, it was tricky: I needed to set row delimiter, it is a property without value by default.

Post #342295
Posted Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:08 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:25 AM
Have considered using Len function in ssis ? Just curious .
Post #1476357
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 3:22 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:42 AM
Bill McDonough (2/2/2007)

One way to do this is a script task. In the script, you'll have something like this:

PublicOverrides Sub ProcessInputRow(ByVal Row as rowInBuffer)

In that function, you can usethis toget or test row length:

Row.FullRow.Length

Hope this helps.

Bill

You are referring to a Script Component. Script Tasks are valid only in control flows.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1478493
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse