Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Auditing Your SQL Server Environment Part I Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:40 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/RDyess/newenvironmentparti.asp

Post #3282
Posted Tuesday, April 2, 2002 8:32 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

There is a small bug in the new version of this stored procedure which I sent to this web site. When using the sysxlogins table login names can be in the table multiple times. I left of a WHERE clause on the sub-queries which will only pull names from the local server. See my website for correction details.

Randy

Post #30737
Posted Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:39 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:31 AM
Fantastic .. We need more like this . Cant wait for the next one.
Basically in my company we devised a small checklist of things like this and stuffed them into a VB App to 'audit' any existing system. It would be great if we could all get together in this forum and develop a nice checklist and perhaps an open source tool to do this auditing and reporting . I would be glad to contribute for this ...

Rgds
Santosh Benjamin
email : santosh.benjamin@netdecisions.com

Santosh Benjamin

Santosh Benjamin
Post #30738
Posted Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:15 PM
SSC Rookie

That would be great. Wonder if others would join in as well.

I have about 12 more articles on this topic that I plan to write and pass on to others.

Would like to see your list though.

Randy
RandyDyess@TransactSQL.com

Post #30739
Posted Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:35 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:40 PM
I would definately like to join you guys. I am supporting around 60+ servers in the production / development environment. In the past I used to manually document all my servers but as the number of servers increased, I started having problems. So I decided to automate the whole process of documentation; Thanks to Microsoft for providing the DMO objects. Now it just takes me few seconds to document any server any time I want. Looking forward to work with you guys.

Post #30740
Posted Thursday, October 6, 2005 12:29 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, June 15, 2009 3:22 PM

This aricle hot the nail right on  the head.....

Worth reading..........

Post #226814
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse