Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

The Report Builder Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:39 PM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 9:01 AM

Leif,

It is possible to get the SQL by editing the web config as follows:

Before:

<add name="Components" value="all,RunningJobs:3,SemanticQueryEngine:2,SemanticModelGenerator:2" />

To:

<add name="Components" value="all,RunningJobs:3,SemanticQueryEngine:4,SemanticModelGenerator:2" />

Of course you can always just use Profiler to see what is being sent over. It does sound like something wrong with the model definition more than the tool.

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #305180
Posted Monday, February 25, 2008 10:22 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:33 AM
Hi Phil

I was able to rename the fields in the Report Builder.
When you create the Report Model, you can right click and rename the fields as per your choice and then deply the model.

Post #459818
Posted Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:57 PM
I'd love to deploy this to my users save for one simple fact: I canot find any basic documentation on how to use it!

I've been tinkering with it and have run into very simple but yet annoying issues.

For instance, I've created my report model, deployed it, etc. The list of entities is displayed in the entity box. When I choose a field of one entity to add to the report, the other entities disappear.

The pain in the a$$ is that I have YET to figure out how to be able to view all the entities again!!
Post #508029
Posted Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:23 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:01 AM
I don't think I was inferring that I couldn't rename the fields, I was just saying that the task was a big chore in building the model.

There are no tools/wizards to help you accomplish the task. If you have the same field in six tables you have to do it six times. Would be much better if it had a data dictionary, or refactoring like there is in Visual Studio 2005, and you only had to rename the field once.

Hope this helps
Phill Carter
--------------------
Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

Australian SQL Server User Groups - My profile
Phills Philosophies
Murrumbeena Cricket Club
Post #508258
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse