Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

A Technique for Determining the I/O Hog in your Database Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:55 AM
The two Screen Shots are not getting displayed under "Analyze the Results" section. Is anyone else facing the same problem?
Post #756634
Posted Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:45 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 12:00 PM
From the author, many years too late, but still worth commenting on: Yes, indeed sharp readers, the aggregate clause in "Summarize the Data" shoud be "count(*)" and not "sum(*)"! I still do not know how I let that slip through! Many thanks to you for catching that and passing along. To all, I've enjoyed your comments and I especially appreciate those who have taken this a step beyond (or many more steps). That is precisely what I had hoped to accomplish with this article: to give folks a starting point that they could utilize in their own work. Now that we have SQL Server 2005, the included system views take care of a lot of this, but it is still useful for anyone who is still running SQL Server 2000.
Post #758760
Posted Monday, October 21, 2013 4:48 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Today @ 5:04 AM
Mike Morin-219647 (7/23/2009)
From the author, many years too late, but still worth commenting on: Yes, indeed sharp readers, the aggregate clause in "Summarize the Data" shoud be "count(*)" and not "sum(*)"! I still do not know how I let that slip through! Many thanks to you for catching that and passing along. To all, I've enjoyed your comments and I especially appreciate those who have taken this a step beyond (or many more steps). That is precisely what I had hoped to accomplish with this article: to give folks a starting point that they could utilize in their own work. Now that we have SQL Server 2005, the included system views take care of a lot of this, but it is still useful for anyone who is still running SQL Server 2000.

+1 .... beside that very nice article
Post #1506616
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse