Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Sql server 2005 express tools - Profiler Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:37 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 6:13 AM

Is there any way to install the profiler with sql server 2005 Express?.. Or do I have to install the full eval edition?

I could really use it to flush out a bug in an app .

Post #303922
Posted Friday, August 25, 2006 2:31 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:33 PM

Hi RGR..

According to this link (scroll down to the Manageability topic), Profiler is only shipped with the Standard and Enterprise Editions.

Hope this helps. 

Take care..

- Ward Pond
blogs.technet.com/wardpond
Post #304246
Posted Friday, August 25, 2006 2:40 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Ya learned that the hard way...

Installed the full evaluation version over express but the profiler didn't get installed.  Tried uninstalling the tools and reinstalling but that failed too. So I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the eval version + SP1 and now I started debugging the connection troubles .

Thanx for the help.

Post #304250
Posted Friday, August 25, 2006 3:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Saturday, September 27, 2014 2:10 PM

That link is actually for businesses not for developers, the developer link includes management studio.  That said I don't understand what a SQL Server person is doing with Express when the no deployment developer edition is only $33 dollars.  Hope this helps.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/compare/default.aspx

Kind regards,

Gift Peddie

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #304258
Posted Friday, August 25, 2006 4:30 PM

SSC-Insane

I just started a new job in a small company. It's the first time they work with to sql 2005. No one there was aware of that this version existed. I'll pass it along so they can consider it for later use. But for now the full 180 days evaluation version will do just fine for this project.

Thanx for the help.
Post #304278
Posted Friday, August 25, 2006 5:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Saturday, September 27, 2014 2:10 PM

hey,

Here is link for the developer's edition.

http://www.provantage.com/microsoft-e32-00575~7MCSB0EX.htm

Kind regards,

Gift Peddie

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #304290
Posted Thursday, November 1, 2007 12:13 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:32 PM
Now there's an alternative without having to install the commercial or developer editions of MS SQL Server 2005.

And this alternative is standalone as well. No need to do any installation. Not necessarily as full featured as MS version but will do for the basics.

http://sqlprofiler.googlepages.com/
Post #417608
Posted Saturday, December 8, 2007 4:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:56 AM
Hi
has anyone successfully used this Profiler tool, coz I am having problems with it.

http://sqlprofiler.googlepages.com/

I have SQL 2005 Express on my PC & using this product it give an error message as soon as i click test connection... have you any issues with this..?

Regards
Julia
Post #430941
Posted Friday, December 14, 2007 1:33 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, April 28, 2014 7:34 AM
Hi Julia,

I have successfully used this profiler tool. At first even I got the error message as soon as i clicked test connection. But it worked perfectly when I added \SQLEXPRESS to the name of the Server, where "SQLEXPRESS" is the default instance name.If you have given any instance names at the time of installation,replace it with SQLEXPRESS or else the format would be

Server Name\InstanceName (considering this is a Windows authentication)

eg: TestServer\SQLEXPRESS

Thank You
Sunny
Post #433581
Posted Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:38 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:04 PM
well i am having a problem with this profiler, i dont get any results, even though it connect well, i dont know why i dont get anything
Post #548675
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse