Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Subscriptions from Reporting Services get unintelligable job names in SQL Server Agent Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, February 7, 2014 5:35 AM

Steve,

Thanks again for your help - you are a star!

Couple of questions, forgive me, I'm still learning.

If I copy and paste all of the above into the SQL pane to create a view I get a couple of messages back:

First I got "The Query Designer does not support the USE ReportServer SQL construct." If I OK that I get "Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'GO'"

So I experimented and took out the "USE ReportServer
GO" bit. I got another message saying SQL does not support the CASE construct - I've seen this before, I think, so ignored it. It returned the 8 fileds of data - yay! (I thought...)

However, when I go to save my view I get "View definition includes no output columns or no items in the FROM clause". Bummer. So I fiddled a bit, putting "dbo." in front of all the from bits (as you had this in your previous statement). Still no luck... I notice that no daigram of tables links is created like in the previous example - presume this is related to the error message.

Can you (or anyone) spare the time to help a bit more? Thanks again!

Paul.

Post #269380
Posted Friday, March 31, 2006 5:16 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:34 PM

Hey Paul,

You might want to try creating the view within Query Analyser, saves you from the graphical designer errors.  The first error was raised because the graphical designer doesn't require the USE DATABASE statement - you've already specified the DB because you were in one and selected 'create new view'.  The second error is as you guessed - the graphical designer doesn't support case statements graphically but it doesn't stop you from using them - you just don't get a 'picture' ofyour query (ie the tables and the joins aren't shown like in a straight select).

THe last error is strange, every column has an alias in the query i posted, so i'm not sure how/where the columns lost their aliases.  You may want to take the entire script and paste it into query analyser.  To create the view, between tthe USE DATABASE ... GO statement and the start of the select, add the create view statement like CREATE VIEW vwMySnazzyView AS

so a short version of creating the view to give you an idea of the entire structure read s like ->
use database ReportServer
go
create view mySnazzyView AS
select top 5 * from ReportSchedule

Steve.
Post #270331
Posted Tuesday, April 4, 2006 2:20 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Friday, February 7, 2014 5:35 AM
All sorted now, thanks Steve.
Post #270762
Posted Monday, March 12, 2007 10:03 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, November 17, 2014 12:05 PM
FYI: I just tried this on SSRS 2005 (no SP) and it still works. Saved me a ton of time, too!

Thanks..

..jeremy.
Post #350781
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:06 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:11 PM

I humbly submit this link to my article. This is one methiod that allows you to name and manage your subscriptions, as well as adding the ability to have Data Driven subscriptions.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/jselburg/2824.asp

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
Post #351658
Posted Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:19 PM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, February 21, 2014 8:23 AM
Hi Steve,
I had the same problem as Andrew. I renamed the GUID with the report that was being generated. Later, I found out that there were two jobs running: one which i renamed and another one with the GUID. I got rid of the job that I renamed and the subcritpion worked just fine.

Post #455337
Posted Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:23 PM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Hello,

I have a Network Load Balanced Web Farm ( 2 Nodes configured as Active - Active) with SQL Reporting services installed. Report Server database is on the SQL server. When I subscribe a report on the cluster, it appears on bothe nodes. My question is: Will the report be kicked off on both the nodes of the web farm?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Prakash BhojeGowda
Post #455340
Posted Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:33 PM

SSC Rookie

Hello Jason,

Your article holds good for subscription via email but not subsscriptions to a share. Hope there is a way to do it

Thanks

Prakash BhojeGowda
Post #455355
Posted Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:39 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:11 PM
There is a way, and someone emailed me a link to that article. I'll search for it tonight and post it once I find it.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
Post #455363
Posted Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:42 PM

SSC Rookie

Thanks Jason,

Would you mind taking a look at another question that I have?

I have a Network Load Balanced Web Farm ( 2 Nodes configured as Active - Active) with SQL Reporting services installed. Report Server database is on the SQL server. When I subscribe a report on the cluster, it appears on bothe nodes. My question is: Will the report be kicked off on both the nodes of the web farm?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Prakash BhojeGowda
Post #455366
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse