Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How to display output of Execute SQL Task (Visual Studio 2008) Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:41 PM
I have created a my first SSIS package where I am using Execute SQL task and trying to run a simple select query.

I am using one input variable school_name and trying to display school_no. Task gets executed with one error but it doesn't fail. I don't know how to display the result. Should I use Excel destination or flat file destination tool? Please find the screenshots using below links. If you require more screenshots or detail I will provide. Thanks.

https://www.mediafire.com/?kdv37ckqvlddf22,w4vst25vtqat8c0,jd9ska9fba6c3cy
Post #1608475
Posted Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:28 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 6:45 PM
smart_analyst (8/28/2014)
I have created a my first SSIS package where I am using Execute SQL task and trying to run a simple select query.

I am using one input variable school_name and trying to display school_no.

There is no UI that displays any results in the Command Flow. The most straight forward way is to create a variable to assign the returned value from your query in the Execute SQL task. Then use a MessageBox in a script task to display the value.

Task gets executed with one error but it doesn't fail.

The error exception is configurable to a certain extent within SSIS.

BTW: I recommend you have a look at Stairway to Integration Services.

Post #1608480
Posted Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:51 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

The most straight forward way is to create a variable to assign the returned value from your query in the Execute SQL task.

I have created variable called SCHOOL_NO and assigned that to Result Set of Execute SQL task. Did you mean that?

I have connected the green arrow from Execute SQL task to Data flow Task. And then in Data Flow tab, I am using OLE DB SOURCE to Data Conversion to Excel Destination.

How to transfer value of Variable SCHOOL_NO to OLE DB Source? or Is there any way I can transfer the value from variable to Excel destination?
Post #1608489
Posted Monday, September 1, 2014 11:23 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:33 AM
To verify the result set value : use one more execute sql task and write insert statement into one temp table, pass the parameter from the 1st sql execute task.
Post #1609380
Posted Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:35 PM
Grasshopper

I performed this task differently. This was my first package for learning. Thank you all !
Post #1609863
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse