Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Did my post get deleted? Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 22, 2014 9:40 PM
Today I put a post in the PowerShell forum with a presentation video I held on PowerShell for our SQL user group, it was receiving a few views, and then - poof - gone, and no courtesy email or anything?

Surely my 40 hours of work preparing for it didn't get binned, without a word, after a few years of participating here?
Post #1596745
Posted Monday, July 28, 2014 4:26 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 6:46 AM
Maybe someone thought it was spam (for some obscure reason)?
Or maybe posting video content is against some rule? Maybe you can ask the "webmaster at sqlservercentral.com" (that is the email address).

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1596749
Posted Monday, July 28, 2014 8:37 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:41 PM
There has been a rash of spam posts to advertise pay channels for various types of events. Pretty sure the admins had to clamp down on various posts (probably ones with links to streaming content. Perhaps you got caught in the newly xpanded SPAM filter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #1596892
Posted Monday, July 28, 2014 9:50 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:08 AM
Offhand, I don't know, Cody, but I can check.

We typically don't want the forums cluttered with announcements for things. The forums are really here for Q&A type discussions, so it's possible someone removed it.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1596928
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse