Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Unwelcome posts on our forums Expand / Collapse
Author
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Unwelcome posts on our forums
Post #1584146
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:17 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, November 17, 2014 6:23 PM
Spammers are just plain jerks. Thank you SSC for working on this. Your team is appreciated!

***SQL born on date Spring 2013
Post #1584151
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:22 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 6:34 PM
You folks have always been the best. Thanks for all the you've done and are getting ready to do.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1584153
Posted Friday, June 20, 2014 12:25 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 3:22 PM
I appreciate all your efforts in this. The combination of luck and your efforts mean that it has been a while since I've seen anything that could constitute SPAM, mad ramblings yes (after all I do sometimes read my own posts), but SPAM no.

Thanks.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Post #1584165
Posted Friday, June 20, 2014 7:45 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:30 AM
I'm lucky I've avoided the spambots here for the most part.

Keep us informed of any other concrete things we can do to help.
Post #1584364
Posted Friday, June 20, 2014 7:55 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 3:08 PM
The crazy amount of spam lately has been quite shocking. Thank you for staying on top of it. It is challenging to deal with this sort of thing and not make it difficult for legitimate users at the same time. Thanks again for doing what you do. It is appreciated.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1584372
Posted Friday, June 20, 2014 10:36 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 10:15 AM
SPAM use to be a rarity, then a cottage industry, and now almost a fortune 500 enterprize. I thought years ago that it would decline as those generating it would suffer from diminished returns like a very poor business reputation for their outlandish practices, but they do not seem to care at all.

If the time comes, and I really do not hope it does, but if that time comes where the internet is governed I hope the government US Internet Post Office of that regulation body will be able to identify SPAMMERS and charge them the cost of a snail mail letter for every SPAMMY message they send.

If not the day will come when some SPAMMER over stimulates a savant and the savant will eliminate not only the original SPAMMER but put and end to all this unwanted SPAM misery.

Maybe I should write a book. End of Rant! Happy Friday!

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!
Post #1584444
Posted Friday, June 20, 2014 11:15 AM

SSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 11:16 AM
you could consider creating an easy way for some of the most prolific volunteers on the site to be able to feed a post to something for an automated removal; so say Sean or Grant or Gail used the existing {Report!} link, and the text they pasted contained a specific key, that post (or all posts from that user in the last 24 hours) might get auto removed.

just a thought.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1584455
Posted Friday, June 20, 2014 11:54 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 7:03 PM
Add me to the list of users who appreciate all you do. You have a very useful and popular site and deal with things very well as they come up. As with anything, some things are harder than others, but you guys do a great job. Thanks.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1584469
Posted Saturday, June 21, 2014 4:46 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 1:29 PM
Appreciate the effort! Thanks!

Post #1584739
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »