Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS 2012 Problem with Oracle when run at Server via SSISDB Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 23, 2014 2:24 AM
Dear all,
I do SSIS to get data from oracle to MSSQL by using Oracle provider for OLE DB follow step from "http://sqlblog.com/blogs/jorg_klein/archive/2011/06/09/ssis-connect-to-oracle-on-a-64-bit-machine.aspx". My Test scenario are
1. my machine it work fine.
2. On server by using bat file to run ssis > it work
3. On server by using SSMS (at section Integration Service Catalogs) right click package to validate in 32 bit >> Error AcquireConnection
4. On server by using SSMS (at section Integration Service Catalogs) right click package to validate in 64 bit >> Error Convert unicode to string

Anyone can help me to solve this problem??

Thanks in advance.
Post #1584137
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:34 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

I really confuse that Why I user bat file to run SSIS package (force to run in 32 bit) it's work. But when I use SSMS to run it doesn't work. Please help me to solve that.
Post #1584139
Posted Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:49 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 2:08 PM
What is exactly the problem? The acquire connection or the unicode conversion?

Have you tested the oracle connection from the server using "sqlplus" for both the clients?
Post #1584578
Posted Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:44 PM
Grasshopper

Dear Jo Pattyn.
At the same package, same server, the Problem is depend on run-time mode. For 64 bit run-time mode, then the problem is unicode conversion. For 32 bit run-time mode,then the problem is acquire connection.

I have test connection via sqlplus already, It's work.

Post #1584890
Posted Monday, June 23, 2014 1:17 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:20 PM
waralees (6/22/2014)
Dear Jo Pattyn.
At the same package, same server, the Problem is depend on run-time mode. For 64 bit run-time mode, then the problem is unicode conversion. For 32 bit run-time mode,then the problem is acquire connection.

I have test connection via sqlplus already, It's work.

The AcquireConnection problem is probably - and there's no way in knowing for sure since you didn't post any actual error message (unless they are in the screenshots which are blocked here by the firewall - caused by a 64-bit OLE DB provider, which cannot run in 32-bit.

The Unicode problem is pretty straight forward: Oracle stores the data in Unicode, and you probably write it to a non-Unicode column in SQL Server.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1584923
Posted Monday, June 23, 2014 12:07 PM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Today @ 11:12 AM
Is the batch file executing it from the catalog, or from the file system?

If the problem is only with the catalog, did you configure the package/project correctly? Protection levels are stripped and sensitive data removed when you deploy to the catalog. The first time you deploy a project, you need to make sure that the connections are configured correctly in the catalog.
Post #1585215
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse