Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Try to focus on the positive Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:17 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Try to focus on the positive
Post #1579025
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:12 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 10:12 AM
I am thankful that I work in a country that is relatively unbiased.

The UK isn't perfect but I work alongside (or have done) men, women and other (it's a complicated world) as well as those of various ethnicity, people with a range of religious beliefs (including none), various disablements (from ingrowing toenails to no legs) amongst them (of should I say us) as well as differing abilities. Progression is mainly due to the latter (there will always be exceptions) combined with ambition.

The world isn't an even place but I have found that natural tolerance in the UK IT workplace to be almost universal. Hurrah for us!!!

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Post #1579067
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:30 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:08 AM
I'm thankful that the World Cup has not yet commenced. This means we can still have some hope that our team might produce some entertaining football, and even progress to the knockout rounds. (I'm English as far as the competition goes but this may apply to other nations, of which we have many in our small workplace). Sorry, it's the only non-work topic in town for a few weeks.
Post #1579112
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:06 AM
SSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
For the past few months I've started thinking of all the things for which I am thankful whist brushing my teeth in the morning. Helps set the tone for the day I find. Family, friends, coworkers, good health, good job, etc. Could I picture my life better? I suppose I could, but there's not really any point. That'd be a "focus on the negatives" sort of thing. If I had pictured my current situation during more stressful periods of my life would I have thought, "Yeah, that'd be the good life"? - definitely.
Post #1579136
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:10 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:39 PM
Thanks for the wonderful message Ben.

I am thankful for blokes like the previous responders. I am thankful for a God who loves. I am thankful for the opportunities that I have in life. I am thankful for "Top Gear", and BBC America so I can be comfortable using a term like "bloke" without feeling conscientious.

<><
Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.
Post #1579140
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:19 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:20 PM
Just like in the Snickers commercials, people tend to get grumpier when low on food.

While that is partially true for me, I know I get grumpier if it is all take and no give at work. Like if you are expected to continue to work 80-90 hr weeks and travel time for work was then also expected to be on your time - not the company time. That can make me pretty grumpy.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #1579180
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:22 AM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:00 PM
I am also thankful for a God who loves. I am thankful to have a job that I can excel at and that enables me to live in the beautiful NC mountains.

Tony
------------------------------------
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Post #1579181
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:29 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:08 AM
Some days it is very difficult to find anything positive in the work environment, but I am thankful for an opportunity to make a good living. Some days I feel overwhelmed by some aspects, but try to put in perspective of bringing a challenge - I never want to be bored at work.

Thanks for reminding me that my life is good
Post #1579190
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:34 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:20 AM
Each day is one day closer to vacation.
Post #1579193
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:37 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:56 AM
I am thankful for this site and others that guide my never-ending quest for the next solution.

"I like spaghetti because my house is made of brick."
~Paul Wuerzner on illogicality 2/14/86 - 11/6/11
Post #1579199
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse