Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««12345

Temp table limitations Expand / Collapse
Author
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:36 AM
Hugo Kornelis (5/23/2014)
I was surprised to see so many people claim that this is an easy question, since there is a very glaring error - there is only one error.
But after reading the discussion I understand that the question was changed. Not for the better, though.

Local temporary tables are not visible to all sessions, only to the current session. Global temporary tables are visible to all sessions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the question was difficult since I could only find 1 correct answer and there was supposed to be 2.
Post #1574818
Posted Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:13 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 1:43 PM
Hugo Kornelis (5/25/2014)
Uwe Ricken (5/25/2014)
Hi Steve,

curious. I've selected "no FK" as one and only option but it gave me "failed" :)
However - local temptable are valid in the sessein and they can have indexes and constraints as well.
What was my "mistake" when I have selected "no fk" as single option?

Hi Uwe,

Your mistake was twofold:
1. You overlooked the "select 2" in the question
2. You didn't realize that Steve wrote "local" but actually meant to wrote "global".

good catch. I was thinking which things weren't valid instead of the other way around.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1574908
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««12345

Permissions Expand / Collapse