Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Queries for per database performance Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:28 PM
I'm trying to get a handle per-database performance on my servers (SQL 2005 and 2008 R2) to determine candidates for consolidation; i.e., rank databases by biggest resource consumers. What subsystems should I look at: CPU? Disk I/O? Buffer? Do you have -- or Is there a resource that has lists -- queries for each type of utilization? Thanks for your help!
Post #1567739
Posted Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:18 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 8:13 AM
For a deep answer on those questions, I suggest you to go to the books section in this site. You'll find great resources available there.

Luis C.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Stephen Leacock

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1567977
Posted Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:55 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:43 PM
Google Glenn Berry's diagnostic queries. They have helped me in various situations and give a good insight in the most important aspects of an SQL Server instance. He has sets per version.
Post #1568173
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse