Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

The Gadget Itch Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 5:13 PM
Thomas Edison once said, 'The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.'

As a software developer, I have a similar view of hardware. Its chief function is to carry around the 'brain' (i.e., software).

I really don't care much about the hardware, so long as it does its job.
Post #1567113
Posted Friday, May 2, 2014 2:00 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:28 AM
I have spent a bunch of time the last few years building controller boards from kits to control my christmas lights. I then created control sequences synchronized to music which is broadcast over a low power FM radio transmitter. I also have an arduino uno board and a propeller board that I have been playing around with. I have been contemplating getting into robotics using them.

Post #1567169
Posted Monday, May 5, 2014 12:28 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 3:29 PM
OCTom (5/2/2014)
A friend of mine recently made a wireless device to light up and make a sound when he hit a target on the shooting range.

It was interesting to see him go from idea to working device. It was a process similar to what I go through when programming.

Yesterday was the 50th birthday of BASIC. I think I will write a BASIC program at work today.

WOW BASIC, now that takes me back. I didn't know it was that old, I think I first learned it in about 1980. First language I learned, but Tubo PASCAL is what stole my heart, around 1985.

Not really into gadgets, I didn't have a cell phone until 2 years ago. Got my first computer, as an adult, about 8 years ago. My first was a Tandy something, I think it had a whole 14K of memory, maybe it was 24K.
Post #1567672
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse