Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Write for SQLServerCentral Expand / Collapse
Author
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Write for SQLServerCentral
Post #1560262
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:20 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 10:11 AM
I'll also add that if you've never written an article before or if you want some good examples of articles, click on "Articles" on the left side of your screen and peruse the 4 and 5 star articles for the good examples and also check out the lower rated articles, especially in the discussions that follow because that's where peoople explain why they rated the article high or low.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1560556
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:16 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:09 AM
Interesting Stuff.. I will try to post the articles I prepare for my website too here @ sqlservercentral . quick question, is there an approval process or so, or just follow the instructions on the link?

Good Luck :) .. Visit www.sqlsaga.com for more t-sql code snippets and BI related how to articles.
Post #1560576
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:52 PM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:53 AM
I will also suggest, if you've never written an article for publication before, ask someone to look over it before you submit it. Take that person's comments and review/rewrite as necessary. No one writes error-free first time, not even experienced authors.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1560585
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:56 PM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:53 AM
a4apple (4/10/2014)
I will try to post the articles I prepare for my website too here @ sqlservercentral . quick question, is there an approval process or so, or just follow the instructions on the link?

Blog syndication's a different thing to what I suspect Steve's asking for here.

From the "terms of contribution":
We ask for 90 days exclusive distribution rights on anything that we pay for, as well as perpetual publication rights. After the 90 days is up you are free to submit your article elsewhere, but it will still be live on SQL Server Central in perpetuity. We also accept articles published elsewhere, but it is your responsibility to ensure that this does not conflict with the rights of the original publisher. We do not pay for these articles.

For blog syndication:
Blogs

We also syndicate blogs to the site. If you have a SQL-related blog you'd like to see appearing on SQL Server Central, contact webmaster@sqlservercentral.com with the following details, and we will look to see if it fits the site.

We will need:

A title for your blog
The email address you use to log in to the site
A short bio (1000 characters or less, including any HTML), and a small headshot picture or logo
The RSS feed address for your blog

We don't pay for blogs, but we also don't edit them or make many demands. Blogs should be in English, and we are more likely to accept the blog for syndication if you publish regularly.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1560587
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:13 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:09 AM
@GilaMonster,

Thanks for that. I am actually trying to write articles here @ sqlservercentral as well. Only question is, can I also write the same article at my own website?

Good Luck :) .. Visit www.sqlsaga.com for more t-sql code snippets and BI related how to articles.
Post #1560593
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse