Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

How to sync linked server, jobs, alerts, logins, etc to a secondary serveur Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, November 24, 2014 1:48 PM
sqlbuddy123 (4/4/2014)

I don't rely on SSIS transfer Object\Login task as it gives lot of issues.

alright, i will do it manually. Maybe it should be another topic but what kind of issues can you have with SSIS? Are you talking about issues to transfert objects/logins with ssis or the issues is with ssis in general?

we are planning to use ssis for night jobs. What should i know about ssis? is it time consuming or i can rely on it to be maintenance free?
Post #1559061
Posted Monday, April 7, 2014 7:43 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, November 24, 2014 5:46 AM
I've actually never had an issue with the SSIS task, from my perspective it works perfectly. What kinds of issues have you encountered sqlBuddy?

I set up the task:
LoginsToTransfer = SelectedLogins
LoginList = (Collection)
IfObjectExists = Skip
CopySids = True

Works like a charm. Albeit, I've never tested the accounts further than connecting to the DB and running a simple SELECT query, but it did work.

Post #1559074
Posted Monday, April 7, 2014 12:09 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 9:08 AM
alexandre.jobin (4/7/2014)
sqlbuddy123 (4/4/2014)

I don't rely on SSIS transfer Object\Login task as it gives lot of issues.

alright, i will do it manually. Maybe it should be another topic but what kind of issues can you have with SSIS? Are you talking about issues to transfert objects/logins with ssis or the issues is with ssis in general?

we are planning to use ssis for night jobs. What should i know about ssis? is it time consuming or i can rely on it to be maintenance free?

SSIS is a pretty good tool when used for ETL tasks\jobs. You can definitely make a good use of it.

The only issue is with the Transfer Object\Login tasks which doesn't work as expected.

--
SQLBuddy
Post #1559214
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse