Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

20467B Textbook (70-467 Prep course) Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:13 AM
Does anybody know what book they're using for the 20467B course and where I can get it? This is a prep for the 70-467 exam.
Post #1557418
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:17 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 3:48 AM
You get the book when you follow the official course.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1557425
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:27 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Isn't there a copy available on the Internet? I don't think taking the course is a possibility for me since I'll be hard pressed to convince my employer to pay over 2,000 Euros for a course.
Post #1557435
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:32 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

TheComedian (4/2/2014)
Isn't there a copy available on the Internet? I don't think taking the course is a possibility for me since I'll be hard pressed to convince my employer to pay over 2,000 Euros for a course.

I don't think you can buy an official version of the book without attending the course.

Post #1557437
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:35 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 2:50 AM
Koen Verbeeck (4/2/2014)
TheComedian (4/2/2014)

I don't think you can buy an official version of the book without attending the course.

Correct. The MOC training material is only available when you take the course.

To be honest, they're not that great anyway. Check Amazon for books on the subjects covered by the exam, they're more likely to be usable after the exam, rather than covering just what you need to pass the exam, not what is needed to work with the products.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1557438
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:45 AM
Grasshopper

Thanks for the replies. Any suggestions for the reading material? My concern is that in 3 weeks, the exam will be updated to include SQL Server 2014 material and I'm not sure how to prepare for it.
Post #1557447
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:48 AM

SSChampion

TheComedian (4/2/2014)
Thanks for the replies. Any suggestions for the reading material? My concern is that in 3 weeks, the exam will be updated to include SQL Server 2014 material and I'm not sure how to prepare for it.

This exam is a bit of a overview exam concerning all BI features. You'll need to know SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and SharePoint integration as well.
The books used for the exams 70-463 and 70-466 are good preparations, but the exam tends to test experience more than just book knowledge.

Post #1557449
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:50 AM
Grasshopper

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Post #1557452
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse