Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Intellisense Issue Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:59 PM
Let's say I have a table called Customer with a field called cname.

In SQL 2008 R2, if I type "select customer.c" and press "enter", the intellisense will fill in the cname so that is shows "select customer.cname".

In SQL 2012 - the intellisense shows a dropdown with the "cname" in the dropdown. I have to hit the down arrow then enter to get the same action as I got in SQL 2008 R2.

Any ideas on how to get the old functionality back?

Thanks,
Mike
Post #1557319
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:14 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 1:32 AM
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/5bff42a4-966c-424f-8e51-67b6e17814d3/has-the-intellisense-behavior-changed-in-ssms-2012?forum=sqltools

Basically says "go to Edit->IntelliSence-> Toggle Completion Mode " however the setting is not permanent, CTRL+ALT+SPACE is the shortcut to change it.
You can also just hit tab instead.
Post #1557348
Posted Friday, April 4, 2014 2:06 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:59 PM
That is exactly what I want. Thanks!

But... How do I keep this setting. It seems to go back each time I open a new query window. Can't find a permanent setting place.

Mike
Post #1558644
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse