Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

ssrs 2008 missing parameter value Expand / Collapse
Author
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:17 AM
In an SSRS 2008 R2 existing report, I am passing a new parameter called 'SchoolYear' to an existing report. I obtain the value for SchoolYear from the following statement =(Fields!SchoolYear.Value) that is used against the dataset DS_Main.

I am getting the error message, "The 'SchoolYear' parameter is missing a value" when the called SSRS report is running. When I 'hard-code' the school year value in the called ssrs report, the called report runs.

When I run the sql in the dataset DS_Main, I get all kinds of rows and all the rows contains data.

Thus I do not know how the 'SchoolYear' parameter is not passing a value. Would you tell me what I can do to determine
what is causding this problem?
Post #1557105
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2014 4:39 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:52 PM
Is the parameter being passed to a subreport? If so do you have the parameter defined in the subreport properties on the main report?
Post #1557275
Posted Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:26 PM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Monday, July 28, 2014 11:45 AM
Do you have anything configured under report properties for available values and default values that might cause this behavior?
Post #1568713
Posted Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, June 13, 2014 12:25 PM
Verify the parameter in each of your queries. Beware that parameters are cap sensitive and you could be running into it passing to not all of your queries.
Post #1569129
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse