Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Merge two big datasets Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:03 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 21, 2014 11:36 AM
I have two datasets one of 15000+ records and other with 5000+ records.I need to merge these two sets based on Name which may not be in the same format for EX (VISTA HEALTH, FT. SMITH) and (VISTA HEALTH SERVICES, FORT SMITH) and finally create a file which should have both matching and non-matching records from both datasets.
Is there any better way do this merge.Please suggest

Thank you.
Post #1552749
Posted Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:34 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:56 PM
HaraPriya (3/19/2014)
I have two datasets one of 15000+ records and other with 5000+ records.I need to merge these two sets based on Name which may not be in the same format for EX (VISTA HEALTH, FT. SMITH) and (VISTA HEALTH SERVICES, FORT SMITH) and finally create a file which should have both matching and non-matching records from both datasets.
Is there any better way do this merge.Please suggest

Thank you.

What do you mean by "Merge": is that MERGE update, JOIN, UNION, INTERSECT ?

In any event, that [Name] column is a poor excuse for a key. Perhaps what you need is a many-to-one bridge table that maps one or more names to an ID.
http://jsimonbi.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/populating-a-many-to-many-bridge-table/
Post #1552764
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse