Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Count of siblings MDX issue Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:41 AM
Hi.
I have an issue whereby including my calculated measure in a pivot returns more rows that I've filtered by.

So within my Account dimension I have a few attributes, one being a 'Parent Acct Id' and another the 'Child Acct Id'. I have setup the hierarchy accordingly and then created my measure, this being.

[Measures].[Linked Accounts] AS COUNT([Account].[My Hierarchy].CURRENTMEMBER.SIBLINGS)

Then if I use my 'Child Acct Id' on rows the linked accounts measure would correctly show the number of siblings. However the problem arises when I want to reduce the result set by another dimension attribute (e.g. a country name from a 'Country' dimension) - doing this has no affect on the rows returned.
I should mention that if I filter on another attribute within the 'Account' dimension then that does filter as required.

So I don't understand why the CURRENTMEMBER function doesn't work across other dimensions I'm filtering-on.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
Post #1551225
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse