Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

Dumb interview answers Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:18 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:52 PM

You could hire her as long as you put on the contract that she couldn't fight or break up with her boyfriend for the time that she worked with you. Assuming her boyfriend had enough knowledge to be her live-support

It turned out her boyfriend wasn't much help. But otherwise that would have been a good idea, though
Post #1543736
Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:37 PM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 3:11 PM
jshahan (2/20/2014)
We developed a test that required applicants to write queries against our proprietary database that would answer a list of specific questions we provided along with which tables to use and how to link them.

One candidate after struggling for quite some time announced “this is the worst designed database I’ve ever seen!” That was good to know.

One candidate was about three times my size and after the test he wanted to be sure I knew he wasn’t intimidated by me. Hokay...

Yet another had her own form of on-line help: Turned out she was calling her boyfriend for technical assistance when we left her alone. At least she turned herself in.

I'm sorry. You're right of course. It wasn't the worst I've seen. I shouldn't have said that.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1543757
Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:44 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 4:10 PM
jshahan (2/20/2014)
We developed a test that required applicants to write queries against our proprietary database that would answer a list of specific questions we provided along with which tables to use and how to link them.

One candidate after struggling for quite some time announced “this is the worst designed database I’ve ever seen!” That was good to know.

One candidate was about three times my size and after the test he wanted to be sure I knew he wasn’t intimidated by me. Hokay...

Yet another had her own form of on-line help: Turned out she was calling her boyfriend for technical assistance when we left her alone. At least she turned herself in.

Sorry about that intimidation thing. I do that when I am intimidated and you really had me freaked out.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1543806
Posted Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:17 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Today @ 7:59 AM
Fictional (probably) but on topic http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2004-06-23/

I'm a DBA.
I'm not paid to solve problems. I'm paid to prevent them.
Post #1544848
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse