Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

maintenance plan history not being kept. Is there something besides cleanup history maintenance plan that could be doing this? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:55 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 11, 2014 1:31 PM
Hi. I'm using sql server 2005, and the maintenance plan histories weren't being kept since multiple maintenance plans had cleanup history with parameter of 1 day.
I modified all of the cleanup history maintenace plans and changed 1 day to 10 days, but none of the maintenance plan history show history from before 2/17, so only 2 days is being kept.
Is there any other place I need to look to see what may have deleted the history for maintenance plans older than 2 days?
I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to find what's deleting the history. Thanks.
Post #1542549
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:26 AM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:24 PM
In sqlagent properties there is a history tab, if the log history size is too small and you have a lot of jobs, history will be truncated sooner than you individual job settings suggest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #1542564
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:33 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Thanks very much for the information, George. That could be the issue, since it was only set to 1000 rows in properties.
I just increased it to 500000, and will see tomorrow if more than 2 days' history is showing up, and will mark your reply as the answer if it works.
Post #1542567
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:36 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

500000 could be a bit over the top, it has an effect on msdb size.

Post #1542569
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:53 AM
Grasshopper

Thanks, George.
I'll monitor the size of msdb, and see how it's growing, and see how much space it will be with 10 days' history, and reduce the number of days if it's too much.
Post #1542585
Posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:56 AM
Grasshopper

Thanks very much, George. It worked.
Post #1542945
Posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:23 AM
SSCertifiable

good stuff.

Post #1542964
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse