Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Connect item about SQL Server 2012 SP2 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:20 PM
You may have noticed that it was a while since SQL 2012 SP1 was relaesed. Microsoft keeps pumping out Cumulative Updates which include many fixes, but these CUs include a disclaimer that you should only install them if you experience a particular problem corrected by the CU. Several of my MVP colleagues encourage people to install CUs, but I personally find it hard to recommend this to people on a general basis given the disclaimer.

I have submitted a Connect items asking Microsoft to SQL 2012 SP2.

I like to stress that you should only vote for these Connect items, if you really think that service packs are needed. If the CUs meet your needs, and you don't care about Service Packs, don't vote. Or vote down, if you think that releasing service packs (which requires quite some testing effort) is a waste of time, and Microsoft should focus on improving their cloud story or whatever.

Here is the URL:
https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/814656/release-service-pack-2-for-sql-server-2012

I'm posting a similar post in the SQL 2008 forum for service packs for SQL 2008.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se
Post #1535233
Posted Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:49 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 4:24 AM
Voted.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1535323
Posted Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:32 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
+1
Post #1535536
Posted Friday, February 14, 2014 7:07 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
Per this blog, they are saying there should be a service pack for 2012 by the end of the year.
Post #1541590
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse