Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Failed to create an IDataAdapter object. This provider may not be fully supported with the Execute SQL Task Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:43 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:51 PM
I executed a simple query inside an execute SQL task -

SELECT col1, col2
from thetable
where code = ?
order by id asc

Exec sql task - ADO.NET connection
parameter "code" is an int32 in SSIS and int32 in parameter mapping of exec sql task.

It works fine in SQL server, but in SSIS it causes the error -

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "SELECT col1, col2
from thet..." failed with the following error: "Failed to create an IDataAdapter object. This provider may not be fully supported with the Execute SQL Task. Error message 'Incorrect syntax near '?'.'.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

How do I fix this error ?
Post #1526063
Posted Friday, December 27, 2013 1:17 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:33 AM
Try using an OLEDB connection instead.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1526097
Posted Friday, December 27, 2013 1:19 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:33 AM
Also, I think your parameter should be called '0' rather than 'code'.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1526098
Posted Friday, December 27, 2013 11:02 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:51 PM
Phil Parkin (12/27/2013)
Try using an OLEDB connection instead.

Yes, I gave up and decided to use an OLEDB connection instead. Still wondering why I got that error though. Google searches did not give me the answer.
Post #1526228
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse