Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Skip Header Rows in Excel and Concatenate Excel column names in SSIS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:23 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 23, 2014 9:48 AM
Phil Parkin (12/19/2013)
chaseurpuli (12/18/2013)
Phil Parkin (12/18/2013)
Phil Parkin (12/18/2013)
Sounds like you need an asynchronous script component.

But why do you care what the column name is?

Thanks for your reply Phil. Unfortunately, the destination table is designed such that the column names should be combination of the names from Row 3 and Row 4.

You could map a source column called 'chicken' to a destination column called 'squirrel' with no issues at all: column names do not have to match.

Yes, we can match the source column to whatever destination column, but how do I define the destination column name as an expression (concatenation of two row values)?
Post #1524874
Posted Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:29 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 1:00 AM
chaseurpuli (12/19/2013)
Phil Parkin (12/19/2013)
chaseurpuli (12/18/2013)
Phil Parkin (12/18/2013)
Phil Parkin (12/18/2013)
Sounds like you need an asynchronous script component.

But why do you care what the column name is?

Thanks for your reply Phil. Unfortunately, the destination table is designed such that the column names should be combination of the names from Row 3 and Row 4.

You could map a source column called 'chicken' to a destination column called 'squirrel' with no issues at all: column names do not have to match.

Yes, we can match the source column to whatever destination column, but how do I define the destination column name as an expression (concatenation of two row values)?

I don't understand.

Why 'define' the destination column? Surely it already exists? Just map column x to it and forget about this concatenation malarkey.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1524876
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse