Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Webservice as A Data source Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:08 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 4:37 AM
Hi All

I have a requirement like My source is webservice from which I need to Pull Data and put it into MS Dyamics CRM Data base .Can any one give a rough figure how to obtain this ? Firstly I need to Know how to get data from Webservice using SSIS Please help me in this regard

Post #1523570
Posted Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:27 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 8:55 AM
I found that using the script task when using a web service to get data works the best. You will need to reference the web service from your script and use whatever web methods are provided.
Post #1523802
Posted Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:56 PM
SSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 4:37 AM
HI

There is something like webservice task in SSIS . IF o/p of webservice is row in a table.Is it possible to store it in a variable.If so then how to get the column values of it for further usage
Post #1524861
Posted Friday, December 20, 2013 12:06 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 9:39 AM
Karen A. Ferrara-426245 (12/17/2013)
I found that using the script task when using a web service to get data works the best. You will need to reference the web service from your script and use whatever web methods are provided.

Using a Script Component (not Script Task) as a data source in a data flow is one way we do it.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1524881
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse