Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Webservice as A Data source Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:08 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 4:37 AM
Hi All

I have a requirement like My source is webservice from which I need to Pull Data and put it into MS Dyamics CRM Data base .Can any one give a rough figure how to obtain this ? Firstly I need to Know how to get data from Webservice using SSIS Please help me in this regard

Post #1523570
Posted Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:27 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, December 8, 2014 7:10 AM
I found that using the script task when using a web service to get data works the best. You will need to reference the web service from your script and use whatever web methods are provided.
Post #1523802
Posted Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:56 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 4:37 AM
HI

There is something like webservice task in SSIS . IF o/p of webservice is row in a table.Is it possible to store it in a variable.If so then how to get the column values of it for further usage
Post #1524861
Posted Friday, December 20, 2013 12:06 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:58 AM
Karen A. Ferrara-426245 (12/17/2013)
I found that using the script task when using a web service to get data works the best. You will need to reference the web service from your script and use whatever web methods are provided.

Using a Script Component (not Script Task) as a data source in a data flow is one way we do it.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1524881
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse