Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

OLE_SRC doesn't bring back record Expand / Collapse
Author
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 6:57 AM
Using SSIS 2008 R2, I've got a query in an OLE DB Source task that works fine in SSMS and about 2/3 of the time it works okay in SSIS, but about 1/3 of the time it doesn't bring back a record (it should bring back 1 record, and in SSMS it does bring back one record).

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Thanks,
Rob
Post #1522710
Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:05 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 2:56 AM
Sounds very strange!

Is your source query just a 'standard' SQL command or is it derived from a variable and/or expression? Is the SSIS package running as a SQL Agent job or are you manually executing the package either in Design or Run mode? Is the data time-dependent in any way?
Have you tried running a Profiler trace to check that the target database is being accessed by the query?

Regards
Liam
Post #1524193
Posted Friday, December 27, 2013 5:08 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 6:57 AM
Lempster (12/18/2013)
Sounds very strange!

Is your source query just a 'standard' SQL command or is it derived from a variable and/or expression? Is the SSIS package running as a SQL Agent job or are you manually executing the package either in Design or Run mode? Is the data time-dependent in any way?
Have you tried running a Profiler trace to check that the target database is being accessed by the query?

I had to set this issue off to the side, but I'll have to solve this one soon.

It's a straight-forward SQL query, but I do build it into a SSIS variable. I could put a message box in a script task to display the query string -- that's a good thought.

I am manually running the package through BIDs.

Not time dependent.

The profiler suggestion is a good one as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll post back what I find.

Rob
Post #1526109
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse