Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Cannot open backup device '\\remotesqlserver\e$\Backup\databasename.bak'. Operating system error 53(The network path was not found.). Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:44 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:29 PM
You need to create a share on the remote server. The E$ is created by default, but it has administrative permissions. If this was working before, then you have had some permissions/account change.

Create a share at that folder, assign permissions as needed, and assign the service account for SQL Server. That is the account that is performing and copying the backup. Alternatively, you could use SQL Agent to run the backup locally and copy it to the share, and then SQL Agent's service account needs the permissions.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1522381
Posted Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:18 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 16, 2013 1:13 AM
The Backup folder is shared and has all the required Full Control to Everyone as permission. The sqlserver agent Login account is an administrator.
Post #1522397
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 4:32 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, December 16, 2013 1:13 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

This thing is yeah, backup was running fine with no issues till it suddenly stopped. There haven't been any change in account, permmission or anything. Firewall has been the way its been, off on both servers

I also tried to backup to the same server using the UNC path, i,e \\MAINSERVER\e$\Backup\databasename.bak and it still failed but when i used E:\Backup\databasename.bak it backed up.
Post #1522630
Posted Monday, January 20, 2014 9:24 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 1:50 PM
I think you haven taken the light speed backup.....
Post #1532726
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse